I decided to do a special update about web security as this is something that affects us all and it is only though wide communication and information sharing that we can all enjoy safer surfing and have confidence in the web.
A new trend of late amongst hackers and those with malicious intent, has been to attack websites and blogs with code injection techniques. This means simply that hackers try to access web servers through open FTP programs, whereby they upload malicious software to web servers, redirect pages, and hijack pages and computers etc. A sign that a website is under attack may be that it is offline often, displays ‘website is banned‘ information or displays information incorrectly or slowly. I have seen this happen more and more to small website owners, bloggers, and large companies.
Many websites you may have visited have already been infected and may have already infected your machine.
Here are some excellent and free software recommendations for both the PC or MAC platforms that will help keep your machine clean.
- Most important – use anti virus software that can perform a boot scan before you start up your PC. E.g Avast for the Mac or PC
- Use a good firewall – one that scans a clean PC fully during installation. Mac or PC .
- Add some extra spyware software – Spybot SD Resident.
- Make sure your browsers have safe browsing options enabled.
- Becoming more important! Check Java updates are being installed automatically and regularly.
If your PC is slowing down or doing strange things, you’re probably infected.
Enjoy and safe surfing.
Copyright Notice © Berlin Busines English – Image Source: Stuart Miles – FreeDigitalPhotos.net